- Oriented to the NICU routine, equipment, and type of neonates.
- Outstation Neonate Retrieval by Ambulance: provide nursing care through the retrieval, accompanies, and assists.
- Complete the Nursing Assessment Guide within 15 minutes of neonate admission.
- Ensures the neonate is comfortable, and implements safety measures for vulnerable neonates as per the policy.
- Ensures the safety and security of neonates by following safety measures.
- Neonate condition updates to be shared twice a day with parents; change in condition to be informed immediately; provide comfort and emotional strength to parents.
- Review the doctor's notes and the drug chart on admission and implement action as required.
- Monitor neonates on incubator and ventilator and inform abnormal findings.
- Responsible for checking and recording daily weight.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining normal oxygen saturation levels.
- Administer on-time medications and therapies.
- Check and record vital signs legibly and promptly.
- Completes the pre-operative checklist before sending the neonate to the operation theatre.
- Completes the transfer formalities as per the In-house Transfer Policy.
- Does not take verbal orders from Doctors except in an emergency, to be followed by a written order before the end of shift.
- Does not take verbal orders for diet unless urgent; to be followed up with written order.
- Knowledge of gestational age assessment, special problems of the premature, post-mature, small for gestational age, large for gestational age neonate.
- Follows universal precautions as per the unit protocol.
- Aware of the APGAR scoring performed.
- Trained in NALS & NRP.
- Implement protocols of Infection control, hand washing, medications, narcotic policy, ICU, personal valuables, etc.
- Handle waste segregation and disposal as per the policy.
- Maintain personal, neonate, and environmental hygiene.
- To be aware of NABH & NE standards and implement the same.
- Aware of neonate rights and preserving the same.
- Maintains confidentiality of neonate information: medical and personal; avoids any violation by ensuring no discussion of neonate identifiable information in non-secure areas.
Since our inception, we have expanded to not only provide care for women but to also make sure that young children receive pediatric healthcare of the same promised quality. Our greatest pride lies with our integrated brand leading in providing holistic care for women and children.