Staff Nurse( Female ONLY) Fresher's job2 months ago Medical & Healthcare Chennai 15 views Reference: 34014
The Staff Nurse is a first level professional nurse in the hospital set up. Therefore, by her deed and appearance, she should prove as professional at all times. She is the skilled nurse giving expert bed side care to patients or executing special technical duties in all the areas of the hospital.
1. She will give direct bedside care to patients as allotted to her by the ward sister.
2. She will be especially responsible for the care of acutely ill or dangerously ill patients in her ward.
3. She will render pre-operative, post-operative intensive care to patients in her ward.
4. She will prepare and assist for diagnostic procedures for the patients.
5. She will attend to the normal or special nutritional needs of the patients and give special types of feeds ( gastrostomy feed, nasal feeds etc.) and supervise serving of meals to the patients
6. She will give health teaching to patients under her care.
Responsibilities in relation to Ward Administration (shift in-charge and senior staff nurse)
1. She will draw up nursing care plan for all patients in the ward in consultation with the ward sister
2. She will assign patients to staff keeping in mind the level of experience, knowledge of staff and needs of the particular patients concerned.
3. She will perform the nursing activities for admission, discharge and transfer (within the hospital or other hospital) of the patients.
4. She will help the ward sister for supervising the work of the Nursing Assistants, Cleaning girls and Nurse Aides allotted in the unit for maintenance of cleanliness and sanitation.
5. She will help the ward sister in indenting and checking of drugs and supplies and maintaining the inventory of ward assets.
6. She will make rounds with doctors and senior Nursing Officers.
7. She will write daily orders indents for patient medication and other supplies as necessary.
8. She will be responsible for keeping all the patients record up-to-date.
13. She will be responsible for observation of the patient conditions and take prompt action.
14. She will be responsible for taking reports and making detailed bed to bed round at the time and
changing of shifts in the unit.
16. She will deputize for ward sister during her absence.
17. She will assist the ward sister in orientation of the new staff and student interns.
Please contact Keerthana HR no given below