Software Engineer - Developer Desktop Full-time Job1 week ago - Information Technology - Bengaluru - 9 views
Developer Experience is a pillar that was formed specifically to deliver the first tenet of the firm’s Core Engineering Strategy – Provide the best possible developer experience – modern, intuitive, seamless and one that enables engineers to deliver innovative technology solutions for their business in a compliant and efficient way.
As part of your role you will be partnering with core and business-aligned software engineering and SRE teams to deliver tooling, services and guidance for industry leading software development practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets. Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We are looking for Analysts and Associates to join the Developer Desktop team in Bengaluru. The Developer Desktop team within Developer Experience is responsible for providing the best possible developer tools and experience. We improve tools, systems, and processes that engineers across the firm use to develop and deploy software to increase their velocity and business. We enable fast innovation while ensuring consistent and proper gates and controls are in place to ensure security and resiliency of our operations across the firm. We are building a team of software engineers who share a passion for client experience and resilience engineering; who want to build robust solutions and who understand the need for platforms that can achieve leverage across the enterprise.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Hands-on role developing software and functionality to be used across the firm
- Build tooling and services for Mac, Linux and Windows desktops to enable developer software distribution and management
- Ensure runtime environments are correctly configured and modelled in terms of infrastructure and software topology
- Ensure SDLC platforms are current, standardized, scalable, available, and resilient; automate and eliminate recurring tasks and issues
- Design component, as well as integration architecture for large scale distributed applications
- Manage the full lifecycle of software components, from requirements through design, testing, development, release and demise
- Produce high quality software – tested, conformant to engineering best practices, and exposes the principles of quality assurance.
- Implement and collaborate with other teams to design new features, build services in public cloud and on-premises for software distribution, dependency management, project and entitlements management, software lifecycle management, security controls and others.
- Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding, usable, and unobtrusive experience for development teams building and deploying their applications to any environment
- Provide technical guidance on established best practices to the developer community
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- Proficiency/strong experience in one or more of the below:
- Designing, developing and testing cross-platform software; working knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Mac OS and/or Windows), security and file systems
- Package management solutions like Nix, Apt, Yum.
- Cloud and Infrastructure as Code technologies - AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Developing, deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle; Gitlab CI/CD.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Shell-scripting, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby, Go, Python; willingness to learn and adopt new languages as necessary.
- Strong in problem solving, analytical skills, algorithms
- Experience in developing, deploying and supporting software across the full Continuous Delivery life-cycle.
- Solid experience of version control, continuous integration, deployment and configuration management tools. Working knowledge of Gradle, Maven, SVN
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams and locations.
- Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed system. Passionate about managing operational risk.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse multi-disciplined team.
- Motivated, self-organized and have good time & work management skills.
- Appreciate and expose Agile principles and practices such as TDD, clean code and continuous delivery.
- Prior experience in a Devops, SRE, Infrastructure roles.
- Experience on architecting, designing and developing applications in Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with continuous integration, deployment pipelines, monitoring solutions
- Experience on cross-platform command-line tool development
- Experience on developing software for Mac OS and/or Windows environments
- Experience on package managers (e.g., nix, apt, yum)
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!