Senior Portfolio Architect Full-time Job1 week ago - Marketing & Sales - Bengaluru - 9 views
Req ID: R-05789
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The Senior Portfolio Architect will own the delivery for their assigned portfolios partnering with the Business Platforms and Portfolio Management teams to undertake biannual demand reviews and ensuring the demand captured is clearly represented in the form of a demand road map, they will also assess all projects in the funnel to ensure any new capability requirements are captured and fed into the capability process to ensure proper visibility of new requirements at an early stage of the projects process.
The Senior Portfolio Architect will also be responsible for identifying any significant capacity requirements that require investment in IT infrastructure or decommission opportunities that could drive cost savings in IT. To ensure skills are appropriately assigned / key technologies supported the Senior Portfolio Architect will also identify cases where other Advisory & Design resources should be deployed to complete the High Level Requirements capture and Design phases and work with other Portfolio Architects, Analysts and the Design Senior for x86 and cloud to ensure correct assignments are made
The Senior Portfolio Architect will partner with Enterprise and Application Architects early in the project funnel to determine the correct hosting location for the application and Senior the creation of the High Level Infrastructure Solution Design or alignment of the requirement to an existing pattern that will then be detailed by the Design Factory resources. This will be in compliance with Unilever’s approved architecture standards and aligned to the Tech 2.0 strategy.
To ensure fit for purpose solutions are delivered this role will Senior the Infrastructure Assurance process for their assigned portfolio, managing the review process and ensuring that all key stakeholders are engaged in the sign off of the Solution and all Artefacts are produced and managed appropriately.
All Advisory and Design Architects will operate as a pool to ensure skills and capacity are managed optimally across all demand presented to Advisory and Design. This role operates within a global service delivery environment and Senior Platform Architects will operate from their base location as well as from customer and partner locations globally as required to support the Platform Enablement strategy.
The Senior Portfolio Architect will have at least 8+ years’ experience in a Technical Architecture role, or similar, and be responsible for designing large and complex high-level solutions both internally and within Cloud hosting environments. They are expected to have a strong technical background and be a familiar with multiple Unilever technology domains.
The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of the hosting landscapes in and a clear understanding of the Unilever destination architecture aligned to Tech 2.0. They are further expected to stay abreast with technology advances across the core hosting landscape.
In the delivery of Demand Roadmaps and High Level Solution Designs where it has been identified that building blocks are not available the Senior Portfolio Architect will identify them to the Capability & Design team and ensure the requirements for the building block to support the solution are clearly stated
- Follow standard processes i.e. Project Funnel, Security and Architecture Quality.
- Utilise standard tools i.e. GAR and demand tools.
- Apply standard frameworks i.e. ITIL & TOGAF, Unilever tech 2.0.
- Resource management and career development systems.
- Building Block creation and consumption model.
The Senior Portfolio Architect will Senior engagement with the Platform Architects and 3rd party technology providers for High Level Infrastructure Solution Design, they will ensure complete Infrastructure Solution Designs that cover all technical aspects of the Solutions life cycle, this will include engagement at the early phases of project delivery providing consultancy into the demand and hosting solution selection process, through the early phases of the projects they will use knowledge of existing environments and good documentation to guide the design decisions being made. For projects the Portfolio Architect will produce High Level Designs with due consideration for:
- Conformance to existing approved solution patterns based on current architecture principals
- Compatibility with future strategy
- Integration with existing systems
Solution requirements will need to be translated into High Level Designs that can be used to define the approach and overview of solutions and Solution Designs that can be configured, integrated and deployed in the Unilever Infrastructure
- Providing technical consultancy at project kick off meetings, identifying technical issues and risks
- Working closely with the other Unilever and 3rd party Architects to ensure appropriate solutions are created that meet customer needs.
- Understand the decision criteria behind selected IT strategies and the link between IT strategy and cost effectiveness in capacity deployment when providing Solution Designs.
A key aspect of the Technical Architect role is ensuring clarity on the requirements received and the services provided to meet those requirements. Interaction with the portfolio and project teams and with peers in other departments / Unilever organisations is integral to the role and the design architect will be expected to be able to communicate with colleagues spanning the technical and managerial spectrum.
Networking: The Senior Portfolio Architect is also expected to maintain a network of contacts across the wider Unilever IT community
- 8 to 14 years’ experience in a Technical Architecture role, or similar, and be responsible for designing large and complex high-level solutions both internally and within Cloud hosting environments.
- Excellent understanding of the Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Delivery of complex architecture or design documentation
- Experience of designing hosting solutions in Azure and AWS clouds.
- Technical presales / technical account resources who have done cloud solutions.
- Structured Architecture delivery methodology (TOGAF)
- Structured Service delivery methodologies such as ITIL Co-ordination of multiple parties (internal & external) in the development and delivery of technology
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!