Program Manager - Automation Full-time Job2 days ago - Information Technology - Chennai - 3 views
Job ID: 746865
The Program Manager – Automation will lead and manage a team of high performing Managers and their teams responsible for end to end support operations management of retail categories in various Amazon international marketplaces. The job involves end to end business planning including but not limited to creating annual plans and strategy for execution, ensuring operational rigor, designing high business impact processes and identifying automation possibilities that drives process efficiency. He/she will be the strategic point of contact to operations/business teams of Amazon worldwide and must therefore be comfortable and confident liaising with remote teams and senior leaders.
He/She will manage business impact via functional activities and will be accountable for designing and delivering on all KPIs of the same. The individual will interface and drive agenda with the operations & technology teams and build scalable solutions and in addition he/she will be responsible for ensuring the safety, security and integrity of Amazon’s systems and data.
The role involves influencing peers and stakeholders in other functions to achieve functional and business goals assigned.
The successful candidate should have the ability to work at all levels of detail to accomplish team/organization goals. He or she will identify individual strengths of team members and contribute to talent advancement along with succession planning opportunities within the company. The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
Some of the key result areas include, but not limited to:
· Responsibility for defining and driving functional/business goals
· Building a data oriented culture, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve business goals.
· Managing stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on various project milestones, process changes, escalations, etc.
· Designing and developing strong relationships with senior stakeholders in the Retail business.
· Ensuring high quality standards for interviewing and hiring employees at all levels of the organization.
· Owning specific people programs on coaching and development and team engagement.
· 10+ yrs work experience with at least 3+yrs of experience managing managers (indirect management).
· Has a background in quantitative decision making, ability to drive business metrics, automate operational tasks, thereby driving process excellence and adoption of different tools and resources.
· Has managed critical support functions and processes, with end to end business responsibility.
· Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
· Track record of employee development (including an emphasis on selection and retention).
· Demonstrated leadership with a bias towards action, supporting a culture of ownership and learning.
· Skilled in collaborative management environment, succeeding through regular meetings and clear formal and informal communication with members of the remote and local management teams.
· Proven expertise and ability to develop processes and procedures which will enhance the overall efficiency with a strong bias towards automation in all operational tasks.
· Experience in supporting systems build using Java, SQL
· Experience with mid-size relational databases essential
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Exposure to working with technology teams and solving operational issues using technology (If required only) 24/7/365 availability, including willingness to work on weekends, and outside of the "standard" work day
· Demonstrated technical leadership and ability to drive projects and ensure closure within stipulated timelines
· To receive security clearance all candidates must undergo a background check.
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!