Principal Software Engineer - Maintenance Full-time Job1 week ago - Information Technology - Hyderabad - 10 views
Meet Our Team:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. Pega is a leader in CRM software space, our goal is to be the #1 CRM SaaS provider in the world.
Our team consists of top-notch engineers who are highly motivated, self-driven, have strong sense of ownership and passionate about customer success. We strive for excellence and embrace agile methodologies to achieve it. Pega lets us be independent and creative in the way we build software, we return this trust by being accountable for the software we build.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role, you will engage deeply in maintaining core features of Pega platform which runs thousands of CRM and DPA applications around the world. Understand how Pega platform allows applications to be built for change. Deep dive into data modelling and declarative aspects of Pega platform. Experience working with both monolithic and modularized code, giving you a unique opportunity to compare both worlds at one place. Follows best practices to build clean and maintainable code. Mentor junior team members and lead by example.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- You will start by learning about Pega platform and use it to rapidly build an application
- Learn to use team owned features in detail, which include data model, memory model, declarative programming paradigm, assembled rule cache
- Understand design and implementation of team owned features
- Own quality and maintenance of team owned features
- Actively collaborate with Product owner & team members to come up with backward compatible and focused solutions for issues reported by customers
- Write automated tests for code changes made to fix issues
- Do root cause analysis for high severity issues
- Come up with proposals to improve quality and reliability of team owned features
- Mentor junior team members and guide them to solve issues
- Work closely with various stakeholders such as support team, release management
- Collaborate with quality services organization (consists of experts in quality assurance area) to learn and apply latest best practices to maintain software
- Have fun with team at lunch, recreational area, quarterly outings, box cricket, 10k runs
- Use various tools, languages and libraries like Git, Gradle, Docker, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Linux, Java, JUnit, JGiven, Groovy, Spock, cloud technologies
Who You Are:
You are a skilled software engineer, who can explore, understand and debug complex Java code quickly. You enjoy solving problems, you can quickly assess them, find root cause and provide innovative solutions to fix them. You take quality seriously and write automated tests for all code you write. You enjoy exploring latest developments and best practices in software industry and apply them at work. You love to deep dive into Java and JVM to build deeper and broader understanding of its semantics and workings. You are good team player who puts team first, can collaborate with and guide other team members. You are extremely zealous in doing retrospection and root cause analysis. You take constructive feedback with open mind and work to continuously improve yourself. You are a self-starter and a self-learner. You are pro-active to take work and to explore new areas.
- Years of software development/maintenance experience, preferably in a product development company
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Agile/Scrum development methodology knowledge/experience
- Experience using the following: Java, JUnit, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Jenkins, Linux
What You've Accomplished:
- Developed/maintained and tested functional, robust, resilient and scalable software built using Java
- Worked with internal/external customers, product owners to understand problems and provide solutions
Pega Offers You:
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Gartner -
- Forrester -
- One of best places to work in India
- GPTW -
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + performance incentive, employee equity in the company
Job ID: 10567
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!