Principal Software Engineer Full-time Job1 week ago - Information Technology - Chennai - 13 views
Job Id: 210000W9
Why Genesys needs you
We are investing 1 billion dollars in R&D over the next 4 years and need the right individuals to turn that investment into innovation. Genesys is bringing that innovation to customers through multi-cloud deployments in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
Connections matter, at certain times with greater urgency. Whenever the moment, our technology facilitates those connections creating experience as a service. Our team members own their critical services and words like scalability, resiliency, and automation are at the heart of every line of code we write.
What you’ll do
In this highly visible position within Genesys, you will be setting the direction for our Engage Multi-Cloud architecture. This includes areas like deployment, capacity planning, scalability projections, reliability, disaster recovery, performance, security and operating margin of the product. Your background in cloud architectures will aid in your success for this role.
You will provide a technical roadmap and architecture for the Engage Multi-Cloud platform which is based on Docker and Kubernetes. This will all take place in a continuous integration and delivery environment where your solid DevOps experience will be an added dimension into the architecture. By owning this architecture, you will be also be involved in the following:
- Drive change for multi-cloud technology strategies across Research and Development for system availability, scaling, security, observability and operating margins.
- Deep understanding of Containers (Docker), Orchestrators (Kubernetes), Helm Charts
- Understanding of Load-balancers (nginx), API Gateways (Kong, Ambassador), Service Mesh (Envoy, Istio), Service Discovery (Consul), SDN, Secrets Management (Vault)
- Queue and Data Services e.g. ElasticSearch, Postgres, Kafka
- Deep focus on observability e.g. Helm Charts, Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentbits, statsd, Kibana
- Drive stack observability Log Management, Metrics Aggregation pipeline, system alerts etc.
- Working with Engage Multi-Cloud customers from an architectural perspective and providing best practices for operating the engage stack and increasingly making it turnkey.
Who you are
- Hands on role – must be comfortable in making infra-automation changes besides providing technical mentorship to other engineers.
- Experience in Kubernetes technology
- Experience in one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Google, Azure).
- Strong architectural understanding for large scale heavily distributed and available applications, containers, microservices, and serverless.
- Experience developing in Terraform or similar Infrastructure as Code technologies.
- Distributed systems engineering principles applied to scaling mission critical service applications.
- Experience operating and managing a Kubernetes platform.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Experience in DevOps culture.
- Ability to clearly communicate and work closely with customers.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and tasks.
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!