Principal Engineering Manager Full-time Job6 days ago - Information Technology - Bengaluru - 6 views
- Job number 1374274
Azure Big data teams (Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake, HDInsight, Azure Stream Analytics and Cosmos) address interesting challenges in technologies such as big-data, cloud, storage, and open-source. We build reliable, highly scalable, and highly performing distributed systems for data analytics on Azure.
The Spark team in Azure Big data organization is looking to improve performance beyond what we have already demonstrated – 2x over OSS Spark 3.1. You will have to help rebuild the way analytics engines process data. We build services that enable big data developers to build mission critical applications with high levels of SLA through auto detection and healing. We enable advanced data Insights and recommendations externally to our customers. As a manager in our team, you will have an opportunity to work on and extend OSS technologies like Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop as well as proprietary Microsoft services. You will help design & implement software components, participate in code reviews, design reviews, assist customers as needed to be able to leverage the service and keep the service running. You will support a team of talented engineers aiming to solve performance issues by looking at an entire workload and learning from its execution history. Your goal is to make onboarding new workloads on to Azure Synapse a breeze and to help keep them continuously tuned with changes in the Spark engine and user workload.
This will require exploring the frontiers of what is possible.
Are you interested in solving challenges that you didn’t know existed and want to solve at Azure scale? Come join us on the Azure Big data team!
- Lead a team of passionate architects and engineers to deliver success for customers
- Design, implement, test, and operate data services which are highly scalable and performant.
- Release features on time, with high quality, meeting functional, performance, scalability, and compliance requirements.
- Drive quality right from the design phase, incorporating best practices and engineering for testability.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and create solutions to prevent problem recurrence.
- Participate in product live site and operations.
- Mentor and grow our engineers to better deliver on the goals above
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Mathematics/ Physics/ IT related technical discipline or 12+ years of software engineering industry experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in Java OR C++ OR C# OR C OR object-oriented programming
- 5+ years of leading organizations and managing teams to successfully deliver innovation in database systems
- Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
- Experience with database internals
- Experience with Machine Learning pipelines
- Experience with OSS components like the Spark, HDFS, Yarn eco system
- Experience with building scalable cloud services.
- Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
- Great curiosity and willingness to question
- High enthusiasm, integrity, results-orientation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment.
Interested candidates Click on below link Apply Online and you will be redirected to Career Page of Company or Career url.
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!