Physical Design Lead, Google Cloud3 months ago Information Technology Bengaluru 74 views Reference: 25820
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in leading physical design teams working on digital designs that produce and deliver silicon.
- Experience in silicon implementation and chip integration.
- Experience in Management and ASIC development teams.
- Experience in extraction of design parameters and analyzing data trends.
- Experience and breadth in engineering across physical design, top-level implementation, GDS tape-out.
- Experience in top-level floor planning, block integration, static timing analysis, and sign-off.
- Understanding of circuit design, device physics, and deep sub-micron technology.
- Knowledge of delivery of high complexity silicon in state-of-the-art technology process nodes.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
In this role, you'll be part of a team that creates the system-on-a-chip (SoC) design cycle. You Will Collaborate closely with the functional design, architecture, and packaging engineers. Additionally, you'll solve technical problems with innovative micro-architecture and practical logic circuits solutions, while evaluating design options with optimized performance, power, and area in mind. Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Lead physical design of complex SoC to tape-out while working with multiple team members.
- Evaluate and develop physical design methodologies and decide on the SoC flow.
- Work with architects and logic designers to drive architectural feasibility studies, develop timing, power and area design targets, and explore RTL/design tradeoffs for physical design closure.
- Participate in design reviews and track issue resolution, and engage in technical and schedule tradeoff discussions. Create execution plans for projects and manage team efforts from concept to working silicon in volume.
- Understand architecture and design specifications with the larger team, and define physical design strategies and tactics to meet quality and schedule goals.
Interested candidates Click on below link Apply Online and you will be redirected to Career Page of Company or Career url.