Metro Network Deployment Engineer3 months ago Information Technology Gurgaon 71 views Reference: 25818
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in networking technologies.
- Experience working with local exchange carrier (LEC), telecom service providers, landlords, electricians, and construction operators.
- Experience with state and local regulatory, construction, and environmental health and safety (EHS) standards, procedures, and permitting requirements.
- Experience in scripting or coding.
- Ability to speak and write in English as well as the language local to the assigned metro fluently.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As a Network Deployment Engineer, you will be on the front lines of our efforts to deploy and maintain private data networks worldwide. You will work with Network Architects and Engineers, Design Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Field Engineers, Strategic Negotiators, and Technical Project Managers within Google, as well as construction and telecommunications extended workforce, all to position the metro for which you are assigned for success. You will use your experience in optical transport, data centers, and co-location, as well as your familiarity with the local metropolitan areas to which you are accountable to facilitate faster, better, and more efficient outcomes. Your team's objective will be to build reliable, cost-effective, and scalable optical transport network to support users globally.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Oversee installation technicians for rack, stack, and networking equipment.
- Commission and test routers, optical transport equipment, and other network devices in new and existing network nodes across Google's global network.
- Generate implementation plans and provide technical leadership and guidance during deployment activities.
- Work closely with project management, network engineering, and the rest of the engineering team to identify potential problems in network installations, including in the areas of facility power (AC/DC), cooling, security and access, rack layout, and cable management.
- Own network documentation, and update and maintain network drawings and plans.
Interested candidates Click on below link Apply Online and you will be redirected to Career Page of Company or Career url.