Lead Engineer - Embedded SW Quality Test Full-time Job2 months ago - Information Technology - Noida - 31 views
Responsible for designing , developing and testing Embedded Software (Firmware), platforms and systems that control and runs on devices that need to be tailored to the needs of the hardware that it has to control and run on (i.e. directly controls the real time functions of a physical device such as motors, alternators, engines, valves, fans, and other devices and products). Typically requires a deep understanding of the characteristics of the physical device being controlled, the realtime functions it is expected to perform and the ability to design, develop, implement, and test the logic and software required to realize the realtime functionality. Usually tailored for products and services across various P&Ls. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
This position is part of the R&D Validation and Verification (V&V) team. The R&D team is responsible for designing, implementing and testing Embedded software for protection and control applications primarily for the electrical transmission industry.
The preferred candidate must have good understanding of Test Automation Framework development, Power Systems, SCADA, IEC 61850 and Sampled values (digital substation). Must be able to develop and expand test automation tools for IEC 61850, SCADA and GUI/HMI applications and be able to guide the team by demonstrating strong expertise in devising validation strategy, in a global matrix-ed organization.
- Work on NPI and LCS release projects for GE Grid Solutions UR protection relays
- Gain knowledge of process and tools used by Test Engineering team and apply them as required.
- Author and review test plans and V&V reports. Provide estimation, planning and execution of tests for various product releases.
- Test and verify the operation of new and existing features of the software and IED configuration tools as assigned and ensure quality and adherence to timelines.
- Implement final test procedures and produce validation test reports and any relevant testing documentation.
- Lead and own designing, building, testing and deployment of effective Test Automation Solutions/ Test Automation Framework for the Firmware and Software suite of features such as IEC 61850 services and Sampled Values test tools.
- Collaborate with engineers and stakeholders to ensure the effectiveness of the automation framework for the required features.
Document and present automation tool design and the test results as per the V&V policies and procedures.
Interested candidates Click on below link Apply Online and you will be redirected to Career Page of Company or Career url.
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!