Design Engineer - Steel Structural Full-time Job1 week ago - Engineering - Chennai - 13 views
- Design of steel structure drawing in line with the GIS requirement and customer specification.
- Calculation of dynamic & static loads as per international standards (Not applicable for Steel designer role).
- Obtain relevant technical details about various type of GIS from storage systems such as PDM, SAP etc and designs steel structure.
- Prepare project specific civil plan for customer providing GIS loading for design of customer building floor, ceiling cranes etc., Influence of environmental conditions on GIS structure designs etc.).
- Prepare painting specifications.
- Prepare 3D model and shop drawings (Not applicable for Structural engineer role).
- Support sales / Tender team by providing technical specifications of GIS support structures.
- Delivery of designs on time on quality.
- Maintain and administrate Pro Design library (such as support structures and fixing accessories).
- Adhere to documentation process.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Years of experience in the relevant field.
- Hand on experience in 3D tools like ProE / CREO, AUTOCAD, MS Office,Tekla, STAAD Pro etc.
- Knowledge of painting procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant international standards such as IEC /ANSI.
- Seismic zones and its impact in structure design.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!