Data Center Technician3 months ago Information Technology Delhi 76 views Reference: 25698
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with LPIC or working with Linux (Red Hat, Slackware, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo), Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, BSD), or other similar OS.
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware and/or network issues using Linux tools.
- Experience with and understanding of hardware architecture, maintenance, and repair.
- Strong knowledge of networking technology, including topology and protocols.
- Excellent Linux skills, including installation, systems administration, and troubleshooting.
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
About the job
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
The Data Center team designs and operates some of the most sophisticated electrical and HVAC systems in the world. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented group of engineers committed to building and operating powerful data centers.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve technical issues.
- Test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs.
- Contribute and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of current and new data center infrastructure.
- Install servers, switches, routers and other networking gear, and resolve issues with broken equipment.
- Cover on-call responsibilities as needed.
Interested candidates Click on below link Apply Online and you will be redirected to Career Page of Company or Career url.