CHAUFFEUR Contract Job1 week ago - Domestic and Office help - Chennai - 14 views
Hiring Agency:Consulate General Chennai
Position Title:CHAUFFEUR - 18 MONTHS CONTRACT (ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES)
Open Period:11/17/2020 - 12/06/2020
Format MM/DD/YYYY Vacancy
Time Zone:GMT+5.5Series/Grade:LE - 1015 4
Work Schedule:Full-time - Tuesday-Saturday
Duty Location(s):1 Vacancy in
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:For USEFM - FP is AA, Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:Public Trust - Background InvestigationAppointment TypeTerm appt, NTE 2 yrsAppointment Type Details:• Definite not to exceed 18 months
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (8-12 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed:NoTravel Required:Not Required
Back to top
Basic Function of the Position – Serves as Driver for Overseas Building Operations (OBO) Construction Project Office, transporting the Project Director (PD), Construction Manager (CM), technical and management team, and OBO visitors. In addition, the incumbent will collect pouches, cargo, and office supplies. The incumbent will also perform various office operational support tasks as directed by the Administrative Assistant (AA).
Chauffeur Duties 60%
Following the instructions of the Administrative Assistant (AA), Project Director (PD), and Construction Manager (CM), the incumbent operates a passenger motor vehicle to transport Overseas Building Operations (OBO) personnel and official and VIP visitors. Performs messenger and delivery work, including the pickup and delivery of documents or invitations or carrying out various other important errands for the official to whom assigned. The incumbent also performs minor preventive maintenance on the official vehicle.
Vehicle Maintenance and Upkeep 20%
Performs daily safety checks and minor maintenance of OBO vehicles and immediately informs the AA/CM/PD of required major maintenance or repairs. Keeps the vehicle in safe running condition at all times, including adding fuel, maintaining cleanliness both inside and outside the vehicle, waxing and vacuuming as necessary. Maintains logs for vehicle usage, maintenance tracking, warranty program, and fuel consumption.
Administrative Duties 15%
Under the supervision of Admin Assistant (AA), incumbent performs files documents related to OBO vehicles. Performs other administrative duties as assigned by the PD/CM.
Other Duties 5%
The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned in support of the mission.
Back to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Three years of professional driving experience in a business environment or with a Diplomatic Mission / Officials.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a thorough knowledge of Indian traffic regulations. Must be familiar with Chennai street plan, location of public buildings, and major highways/streets in the city.
Completion of Class VIII is required.
Must possess a valid Indian LMV driver's license.
LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge - speaking/reading/writing in English and Tamil are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be proficient in the use of MS Office software (Word, Outlook). - PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR PROFICIENCY. Ability to discover safety discrepancies during daily vehicle checks and capability to attend to minor/running repairs of motor vehicles.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Consulate General, Chennai may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Back to top
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent, if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit: Eligibility to work in India (Applicable to all nationals including host country nationals): Please attach a copy (please do not attach original documents) of any one of the document that confirms your legal eligibility to work in India (for example: Work Permit, Residency Permit, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO), PAN Card, Voter’s ID, Passport copy, Aadhaar Card/Country identification or equivalent)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Education proof of completion of Standard VIII.
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Consulate General, Chennai.
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!