Career Restart - Software Engineer 23 months ago Information Technology Bengaluru 64 views Reference: 25886
Job ID: R179372
Dell OS & Hypervisor Engineering team focuses on integrating and certifying supported Server Operating Systems and Hypervisors on DellEMC PowerEdge Servers. We work closely with various Enterprise OS Partners including Microsoft, RedHat, SuSE and VMware focusing on seamless integration of industry’s new and leading Server and OS technologies.
Join us as a Software Engineer 2 on our Engineering Development team in Bangaloreto do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
- Setup the test bed as per the hardware configuration matrix for the release consisting of platforms, peripherals, add-on cards etc and then install required software like firmware, BIOS, OS etc. Perform needed validation and/or certification as per the Test Strategy / Plan.
- Troubleshoot system/component issues (HW/SW). Characterize, contain and assist in Root Cause Analysis of the defects on multiple VMware ESXi versions.
- Provide adequate technical details to the internal and external teams to substantiate the findings and drive issue resolution.
- Present Engineering Status update for the projects in relevant meetings as needed.
- Build rapport with the vendors and the teams at Dell. Work in coordination with the teams to achieve engineering objectives. Assist other Dell teams, as and when needed to resolve OS issues.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Good conceptual understanding of OS, Hypervisors, Storage and Networking subsystems.
- Hands-on exposure to VMware ESXi server and vCenter Server, understanding of other virtualization technologies will be a plus
- familiar with software development life cycle & must have good analytical skills to trouble shoot technical issues. Should have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in System Software or Driver validation / defect resolution and experience in Vendor interaction will be a plus
2 - 4 years of work experience with good exposure to Hardware, BIOS/Firmware layers.
An engineering graduate in Electronics/Computer Science.
Interested candidates Click on below link Apply Online and you will be redirected to Career Page of Company or Career url.