- Build/change relevant data systems/processes/databases/platforms
- Enable automation of data delivery processes
- Design, develop, test, implement and maintain new and existing database systems based on user / customer requirement.
- Optimize database systems for performance efficiency, fine-tune and improve query performance using profiling tools and SQL. Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Create custom SQL to query complex data models in the most effective way for the database and the application servers
- Building database systems of high availability and quality, support database by designing and coding Stored Procedure & Functions utilities for Dev team.
- Maintain and add to an extensive set of SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) packages for Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data manipulation
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development. Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects.
- Test databases and perform bug fixes, troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion
- Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis. Develop best practices for database design and development activities
- Perform space management and capacity planning for database systems
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects
- Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage
- Make recommendations on indexing strategies and schema changes. Troubleshoot and tune complex SQL statements
- Elicit business and technical requirements from stakeholders with appropriate prioritization and dependencies identified
QUALITIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in working in a matrix organization.
- Excellent command over programming languages (Any one or more of the .Net, Java, Perl, Python, PHP, R, parsing and similar abilities)
- Must have sound understanding of EDW concepts, relational databases/structures, other databases like Hadoop, MongoDB and experience with SQL preferred
- Familiar with the SCD Types, Change Data Capture and Data Quality Control processes.
- Knowledge of Agile development process and the use of a supporting requirement tool is preferred.
- Experience on SQL server Integration and Analysis services (SSIS/SSAS)
- Experience in schema design, normalization and optimization
- Experience creating, debugging and tuning complex SQL queries
- Experience of project management desired
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including very good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Linguistic Proficiency-English & Hindi
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!