Ciena is seeking experienced, talented software engineers and software architects who are passionate about advancing the state of the art and who thrive on delivering innovative products in networking and routing technologies. You will work on various components of Networking software Infrastructure, System platform bring up and performance, Health monitoring, Network security and Netconf/Yang based user interface for Chassis based multi card architecture to provide packet services in a virtualized, container-based system. This is an exciting time to join Ciena, as we aggressively drive our product portfolio forward into the future of advanced networking services.
- As a Principal Software Engineer in advanced development team, you will be expected to participate in all the phases of product development cycle – product definition, architecture, design, scoping, planning, implementation and test
- Quick prototype to validate architecture, design concepts and provide example implementation
- Deliver detailed functional specification and technical design documents for embedded software architectures
- Work closely with product managers and senior management team providing them feedback/suggestions to ensure quality delivery of product
- Closely work with key customers to understand requirements and provide supports
- Drive integration with enabling technologies including third party software, existing platform and hardware capabilities.
- Assist and lead in early product demonstrations to customers.
- Provide basic project management for own work or that of a small team, including effort estimation, project tracking, and status reporting.
- Participate in all phases of an agile, rapid-cycle software development life cycle, including design, product validation, documentation, and solving deployment issues
- Architect, design and develop software of Middleware components for Chassis based multi card architecture
- Work on System and platform infrastructure, System health monitoring, Software upgrade, System security and management, Netconf/Yang based user interface to provide packet services in a virtualized, container-based system
- Continue learning and developing skills in leadership and technologies: system and network virtualization (Containers, SDN, NFV) Infrastructure
- Drive strategic communications with presentations, white papers, slides, and ad-hoc discussions to evolve and align technology strategy and to engage external and internal stakeholders
- Improve existing process and guidelines for owned modules/applications
- Develop and support tools to improve the efficiency of the integration and release process
- Design and develop in an embedded software development environment in C and Python languages using Yocto and BitBake development tools
Collaboration with stakeholders
- R&D teams.
- PLM and Product Architects.
- 3rd party vendors.
- Field Support teams
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- 10 - 15 years in Senior software development role (5+ years specific to networking)
- Excellent C programming and troubleshooting skills on embedded Linux environment
- Strong knowledge of networking, Linux kernel and operating systems concepts
- Must have hands on experience and good knowledge of Chassis based multi card and architecture.
- Hands on experience of System design, High availability (HA), In Service Software upgrade (ISSU), Performance monitoring, Scalability and Inter process communication (IPC)
- Working experience of docker, container based micro service application development in C language
- Good to have experience in Distributed and Disaggregated Chassis (DDC) architecture
- Working knowledge of GCC, GDB, Zeromq, gRPC, ProtoBufs, Yuma Netconf/Yang stack, Valgrind, ASAN
- Good to have knowledge of network and software security, JITC/Common Criteria certifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Scripting skills with Python is desirable
- Previous experience in a leadership role on a successful project is highly desired
- Good knowledge of network design and deployment scenarios in Carrier/Metro Ethernet Space is desirable
- Effectively able to work independently with little hands-on supervision delivering to aggressive timelines
- Effectively able to collaborate with multiple teams across geographically diverse areas
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills or technologies as needed
- Ability to work well with a group of junior or senior engineers in a high energy, dynamic, fast paced development environment
- Ability to mentor and motivate junior engineers
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!