Application Functional Support Analyst Full-time Job1 week ago - Financial Services - Mumbai - 11 views
Job Id: CIB005459
About Business Line/Function :
Under BNP Paribas IT Group, FRESH is the IT framework encompassing Projects & Systems of Finance and RISK functions, with a strong focus on efficiency, proximity, agility and time-to-market.
FRESH is a worldwide organizational model that will contribute to tackle major challenges of the Group’s transformation of today and tomorrow, building the best offering to the Finance and Risk Community through a progressive rotation to new technologies and best practices. The FRESH organization is the outcome of several convergences: between the Project & Systems teams of Group Finance, CIB Finance and RISK and their related IT teams.
FRESH is part of the IT Group organization (ITG in Europe and ITO overseas) with a threefold sponsorship by ITG, Finance and RISK (CIB-ITO; RISK Solutions and ITG-FIT).
As a part of FRESH, Global Finance Support team provides a worldwide support as first point of contact for Finance application Stakeholders. Thanks to its multiple locations around the Globe, we provide steady support across time zones.
We define the Support level 1 rules to provide the most efficient user experience for current and new systems (Integrity control, Jurisdiction and incident management). We communicate and coordinate Finance Production topics.
We participate in the industrialization of the Group Finance departments promoting best practices and knowledge sharing and aligning tools, norms & methodologies. We rationalize finance production processes and reinforce controls within regional processing centers complying with the group policies.
The Global Finance Support team engages in regular dialogue with stakeholders across global back offices, finance staff, application development & support teams, IT security and other support teams.
The candidate is expected to work across 4 pillars that evolve with the organization:
- Pillar 1 - Control Application, Data availability and Integrity
- Daily control on availability of systems and their data
- Flow monitoring control: reception, analysis and communication to IT teams involved.
- Reconciliation and Coordination (Technical accounts /Index reconciliations)
- Execute standard processes for data extraction, processing and reporting
- Pillar 2 - Administer Finance Systems
- Access rights administration
- Controls and reconciliations
- Parameterization, roll-over, configuration to prepare systems
- Pillar 3 - First level of Support for Incidents and Requests linked to Finance Systems
- Perform first level analysis on reported issues and identify roadmap for resolution. Provide solution when possible or under scope
- Coordinate tasks performed on behalf of users by different teams
- Coordinate solution implementation with system providers: IT Application Support, Developers and Business Analyst teams
- Pillar 4 – Proactive Communication
- Communicate health of Finance systems
- Coordination with the main providers on Financial Accounting systems
- Coordinate & review contributions for meetings and discussions during critical closing and delivery processes
- Participate in implementation Project (new systems/new process)
- Ensure the high standards are respected performing recurrent controls
- Handling all daily activities of level 1 support and being an effective back up for level 2 support
- Propose improvements related to the development and support daily activities.
- Documenting details operating procedures for each activity performed by the team.
- Effective communication with all stakeholders, End-users & Technical team
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Skills and behaviors
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory.
· Capability to work and interact with various people of different expertise.
· Ability to work as a team and support other colleagues in a changing perimeter.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to provide a general overview of situations and issues.
· Orientation towards problem solving and resolution, action / change management oriented.
· Good organization skills and commitment to deliver.
· Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and duties (support on wide system scope)
· Experience in working in project mode, hands-on experience of systems migrations and management of PMO (project management office) would be a plus.
Essential specific requirements
· Experience in Client Management and Care
· Hands-on experience working on supporting multiple systems, interfaces and IT processes investigation
· Very good skills using MS Office Productivity tools like MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Projects etc.
· Experience in collaborating with different IT groups in support, development and security groups will be preferred
· Knowledge of financial accounting and management accounting processes, standards, controls and systems will be a plus
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Qualifications and Experience:
· A minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience in supporting applications & business processes
· Exposure to IT service delivery, business management
Other Preferred Competencies (not mandatory):
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!