Application Engineer Full-time Job1 month ago - Information Technology - Chennai - 45 views
Job ID: 1082646
The education team mandate is to provide the greatest experience for our millions of text book rental customers both physical and digital.
Longer term we have initiatives around Education. The goal is to make life long education accessible to everyone in an affordable way. We are building the next generation of E-Textbook Rental architecture. We also own plenty of cool features like flash cards on Kindle (android, iPhone, desktop ) which help students study. We are also building education related experimental features on Alexa . The goal is to expand on these exciting solutions to help serve the education space for years to come.
On the physical rentals space we own the Rentals By Amazon platform.We are adding exciting features to it and longer term we plan to onboard new categories onto the platform. We briefly ran a Musical Instrument rentals as a beta.
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic support engineers to join the education team and books org. Responsibilities include
· Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Python, Perl, or shell scripts, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects
· Mentor and train other support engineers on day to day activities
· Software deployment support in staging and production environments
· Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple products, features and services
· Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance
· System and Support status reporting
· Ownership of one or more Digital products or components
· Customer notification and workflow coordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements
· Work with support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
· work experience
· Strong knowledge of programming, Operating System and Data structures concepts
· Ability to understand technical specifications, distributed systems architecture and ability to deep dive on service/application logs.
· Knowledge of Python, Perl, or other scripting language and Java
· Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings •
· Strong organizational skills and ability to deep dive to understand root cause of the issues
· Shows creativity and initiative to improve self-service tools and effectiveness.
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!