Application Architect: Microservices3 months ago Information Technology Bengaluru 58 views Reference: 25893
- Req ID:614292BR
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Whether you are accessing a website or a mobile app, people have high expectations of the apps that they regularly use. As a result, companies must continuously deliver new features and fixes. In the past, this process was painful because an application was usually developed, built, and made available as a single, often monolithic, application.
Microservices is an application architectural style in which an application is composed of many discrete, network-connected components called microservices:
- Large monolithic applications are broken into small services.
- A single network-accessible service is the smallest deployable unit for a microservices application.
- Each service runs in its own process. This rule, sometimes stated as “one service per container,” might be a container or any other lightweight deployment mechanism, such as a Cloud Foundry runtime.
- Architect and design highly scalable, available, secure and elastic solutions that implement industry best practices and cutting-edge technologies.
- Build resilient and cloud ready solutions based on Micro Services, Multi-tenancy architecture. And won responsibility for the quality of software solutions.
- Responsible for overall architecture and design of the solution delivered by the team.
- Coach developers, testers to deliver the high-quality software. Closely work with and/or Lead a highly skilled engineering team to guide, help implement and deliver solutions on time.
- Partner closely with the product owners, business analyst to align product architecture with business needs.
- Manage diverse requirements, negotiate, and effectively articulate rationale and vision behind technical decisions that support the business.
- Play trusted advisor to the program leadership to bring the right technical skills on the board.
- Research, analyze and recommend solutions which meet business and technology needs.
- Partner with DevOps teams to operationalize the product deliveries
- You will be responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes
- Technical hands-on experience with Microservices Architecture Style and the related patterns, where software is developed as small and independently deployable services that work together modeled around a business domain.
- Working knowledge of architecting and building Microservices using a leading technology stack like Spring / Spring Cloud. Very proficient in Java, RESTful APIs, API Gateway, Microservices communications, RDBMS/NoSQL DB and DevOps methodologies and tools.
- Architectural experience throughout the entire software development lifecycle by continuously making critical adjustments to the architecture to ensure desired results.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Overall 15+ years of Microservices, Application level design and architecting for SaaS applications and cloud-based applications. DevOps, open source tech stack, security, scalability, performance tuning
- Good understanding and experience of cloud native application design principles (like micro-services, stateless application meant for cloud, containers, 12 factor app principles etc.)
- Experience with Java, Spring, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Data
- Familiarity with application and infrastructure monitoring tools such as New Relic, Splunk
- Familiarity/Experience with container technologies, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Knowledge on CI/CD tools like Bosh, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, Concourse is preferred
- Experience working on agile development teams (ideally using Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience with Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, TeamCity, and other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication Skill.
- Respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Ability to handle change and be open to it along with good time management and an able to work under stress
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- With all the above said, we wish you outstanding success in your career and encourage you to bring your best self to work with IBM.
Interested candidates Click on below link Apply Online and you will be redirected to Career Page of Company or Career url.