Accounting Operations Manager 2 Full-time Job3 days ago - Information Technology - Chennai - 3 views
Job ID 52513BR
About the Role
This position will be responsible for establishing and growing a new team of Finance and Accounting professionals supporting the Wholesale Controller’s team. Key processes performed in the USA will be transitioned to this team incrementally with the goal of growing this team significantly. This position will work with USA Controller teams to transition work, perform the work, and report results. This position will also be responsible for hiring, managing, and mentoring staff and assigning responsibilities.
This role will need finance and accounting experience to effectively supervise the staff and coordinate with the Controllers teams.
The work will evolve as the team grows and stabilizes but will start with reviewing financial statements, accounting, reconciliations, and aggregating data for analysis, reporting and journal entries. Analysis will include period-over-period variances, trends, aging, capital calculations and reserve adjustments.
Month and quarter end closing activities and financial account monitoring will also be required. This team will also support the preparation and review of management and regulatory reports and data submissions.
The team will access key systems and provide system table maintenance. The team will also handle a variety of research and ad hoc requests. The team may also be responsible for managing small projects and may support audit requests.
Over time, this team will help drive efficiency and automation of these processes. This team will also build a center of excellence capability responsible for partnering across the Controller teams to ensure data analytic needs are met, including automation of processes for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- 5+ years of supervisory or management experience, directly supervising staff.
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Knowledge of USA regulatory agencies (ie SEC, OCC, FED) and related reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Knowledge of banking and lending
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, and tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- SQL or SAS experience
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
To help recruiter identify source of information
!!! Please carry printout of this page or mention Localwalkins.com on your resume !!!